Brief Curriculum Vitae (CV)
NAME: Gamal eldin mohamed MD, PhD
1977 MD Semmelweis University of Medical Sciences, Budapest.
1982 Specialist Qualification in General Surgery
1989 Specialist Qualification in Gastroenterology
1994 PhD In Medical Sciences, Hungarian Academy of Sciences,
1977 to date:
• Medical Director, Senior consultant of Surgery & Head, Department of Ambulatory Surgery & Minimally Invasive Techniques, Budaörs Medical Centre, Budaörs Hungary.
• Associate Professor of surgery, Dept. of Surgery, Faculty of Health Sciences, Semmelweis University, Budapest (1985-1995, then 1997-2003)
• Part-time Senior Lecturer of Experimental Surgery, pre-graduate and post-graduate theoretical and practical teaching (Laparoscopic & conventional), Department of Operative Techniques & Surgical research, University of Medical Sciences, Budapest & Debrecen, Hungary
SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS & LECTURES:
• Manuscripts: 90
• Book chapters: 16
• Laparoscopic teaching videofilms: 13
• Abstracts & invited speaker’s lectures: More than 400 lectures (International Congresses & National Congresses with International participants),
• Pioneer of surgical laparoscopy in Hungary (1985)
• Founder: Hungarian Association For Ambulatory Surgery – HAAS- (1997)
• President, IAAS
• President, HAAS
• President, Ambulatory Surgery Chapter, Hungarian Colledge for Health Care
President ‘0th IAAS Congress on Ambulatory Surgery, Budapest, Hungary, 2013
1. Member of the Hungarian Surgical Association (Since 1981).
2. Member of The Austrian Association of Surgeons, Section of Experimental Surgery (Since 1992).
3. Member of the International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association-IHPBA- (Since 1987).
4. Member of the European Association of Endoscopic Surgery (Since 1996).
5. Member of the Hungarian Society of Surgical Endoscopy (Since 1993).
6. Founder & President, Hungarian Association For Ambulatory Surgery (1997 to date)
7. Currently President, IAAS